Fire rips through pensioner’s house and burns it to the ground – with three beloved dogs still inside – Lincolnshire Live

0
63
person
Thank you for subscribingSee our privacy notice

A pensioner has been left with just ‘the clothes on his back’ after the uninsured he built with his own hands was burned to the ground – destroying everything he owned and burning three beloved alive.

Grandad Shaun Maguire, from , built his three-bedroom lodge by himself ten years ago after being forced to retire due to a .

He had spent his entire savings on the building but was unable to insure it as it was made from wood.

When he returned home on Sunday, he discovered that it had burned down completely. Not only that, but his best friend, his pet Labrador Molly, had also died in the blaze – which had been caused by a fridge freezer.

All

To make matters worse, his son Jake’s dogs French bulldog Millie, two, and pug-beagle cross Bertie, four, also died in the along with Shaun’s pet parrot .

Shaun said: “It was my forever home – just for me and the .

“I lost everything in the fire, including my clothes.

“I always dreamt of living in the countryside in a nice log cabin and I before I got any , because my was going, I’d have to do it then.

“My main concern was getting the dog out. My son and his wife were down for the weekend with their two dogs too.

amazing

“We’d nipped to the village to a steam fair and it was too hot for the dogs, so we left them in .

“As as we saw the fire we rushed in there, tried to get into the property, threw a big rock through the patio window but we couldn’t get in there because of the flames and .

“The firefighters said the smoke would have got to them before anything else and they were found in the position.

Read More

Since the blaze, the local have rallied round Shaun and donated clothes, bedding and to him get back on his feet.

By aiming to raise £20,000 with their JustGiving page, they plan on buying and skips to empty the land then rebuild the home.

Shaun said: “It’s what do in a crisis. It’s so nice of them.

Boston

“The community have been absolutely amazing with their .

“We’ve had a skip donate skips for the weekend, a bathroom called to say I can pick whatever I like, saying they’ll decorate, rewire, with CCTV and alarms when we rebuild.

“People have been out spending their hard earned to buy me clothes and bedding.

“Someone has even donated a caravan for me so I can live onsite near my dog.

Read More

The dogs had been left inside as it was a warm day. Jake and Shaun were horrified to return to the lodge and discover that the animals were still inside.

Jake desperately tried to run into the but was pushed back by the ferocious fire.

When the fire was extinguished, firefighters broke the that all four animals had passed away – with the dogs being found in their beds in a sleeping position.

Jake, from Tamworth, Staffordshire, said: “When we drove back, we saw the smoke in the sky from the next village and thought ‘bloody hell. Someone’s got a fire going again’.

burns

“As we pulled down the road, we saw the fire engines outside the house. We rushed down to find the house well ablaze.

“We’d left the dogs at home and when we got back, there was nothing we could do. We lost all three of them. My also had a parrot and unfortunately that didn’t survive.

“When we left, my dad just had the clothes on his back. He lost everything in the fire.

Read More

Jake continued: “We’ve set up the fundraiser to pay for the house to be demolished and removed.

Cash

“We had a quote for someone to remove it but it was quite a lot, so I said if I get my round we can all get in there with saws, wheelbarrows and shovels.

“I’m sure whatever is left we can hire a skip and get it all gone. We’ve got no money to hire skips and tools at the .

“On Saturday morning we’ve got friends, and locals of the community coming together. Many hands make .

Read More

You can donate to the cause through Fundraisers by .



Related posts