Rassie to be England’s next head coach?

person

IN THE SPOTLIGHT: A photograph snapped in Murrayfield of World Cup-winning Springbok coach Rassie Erasmus has set the England coaching job rumour mill alight.

Erasmus was snapped in the stands and it was posted to Twitter by Telegraph journalist Charlie Morgan.

South Africa play Scotland this July in a two-match series and the argument could be made that the Erasmus was in town on a run of the mill reconnaissance mission. The series kicks off in Cape Town and culminates a week later at Jonsson Kings Park in Durban.

However, Rapport in South Africa are reporting that the coach is in the UK to discuss a possible move to takeover from incumbent England head coach Eddie Jones next year.

Story continues below…

Erasmus has already taken a back seat with the Springboks, with Jacques Nienaber taking over with the Springboks.

Jones’ contract also expires in 2021 and he and the RFU have remained coy about whether or not he will sign beyond that date.

Speaking earlier this month, Jones said: “I heard Pep Guardiola talking about whether he’s going to re-sign at Man City. It’s a bit like that.

“The players tell you whether you should continue or not and that’s what I’m looking it. The players will let me know.

“If the players play well and the team is going well, then maybe you should continue. If the team’s indifferent then maybe they need a change.

“The only reason I’m continuing is because I think this team can improve. Over the next period of time I think we can become the best rugby team ever and that’s the exciting bit.

“The RFU only want me to continue if they think I can improve the team. The contract is important from a legal point of view but they want to win and I want to win.”

It is also reported that there are clauses in Erasmus’ contract which could see him exit South Africa if certain conditions were met.

By Ian Cameron, @RugbyPass

Additional source: Rapport

Related posts

Martha Levert death, obituary: Sean & Gerald Levert mother passed away

person

Martha Levert death, obituary: Sean & Gerald Levert mother passed away

Martha Levert death: Sean & Gerald Levert mother passed away January 2, 2020.

Gerald’s daughter Carlysia Levert announced Martha Levert death in a statement on social media that read:

 Heaven gained another Angel this morning… Granny, I love you. I will miss you.

I thank God I got to talk to you a week ago… and I thank him for all of our memories that I will forever cherish… you get to be reunited with both of your sons my daddy and uncle Sean… and We gained another Angel!

#RIPGrandmaMartha please keep my family in your prayers

Martha Levert cause of death is not public at this time.

Martha Levert death, obituary: Sean & Gerald Levert mother death

Martha lost her oldest son Gerald on November 10, 2006 at the age of 40 in an accidental death from a fatal combination of several prescription and over-the-counter drugs.

2 years later, Martha’s younger son Sean Levert died at the age of 39 while he was in jail for child support from complications of Sarcoidosis, an inflammatory disease that affects multiple organs in the body.

The family then filed a lawsuit against Cuyahoga County after finding out jail staff took his medication away from him and failed to give him a single pill during the six days he was there. He was also denied a doctor. No criminal charges were brought on the staff but Sean’s wife did receive a settlement of $4 million.

Martha shared her two sons, Gerald and Sean, with ex-husband Eddie Levert of The O’Jays. Their sons then went on to start their own group, LeVert, with group member Marc Gordon where they made hits like: “(Pop, Pop, Pop, Pop) Goes My Mind” and “Casanova.”

Marc expressed his hurt on the passing of Martha and said that she was like his second mom.

A post shared by Carlysia Levert (@carlysialevert) on

Please say a prayer for her grieving family. May her soul rest in perfect peace.

Click on these links to follow us – Our Loved Ones Alert on Facebook and Twitter.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related posts

Democrats hold on to Louisiana governor’s seat despite Trump | Honolulu Star-Advertiser

laptop person bottle tie

BATON ROUGE, La. >> Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards has stunned Republicans again, narrowly winning a second term today as the Deep South’s only Democratic governor and handing Donald Trump another gubernatorial loss this year.

In the heart of Trump country, the moderate Edwards cobbled together enough cross-party support with his focus on bipartisan, state-specific issues to defeat Republican businessman Eddie Rispone.

Coming after a defeat in the Kentucky governor’s race and sizable losses in Virginia’s legislative races, the Louisiana result seems certain to rattle Republicans as they head into the 2020 presidential election. Trump fought to return the seat to the GOP, making three trips to Louisiana to rally against Edwards.

In a victory rally of his own late today, Edwards thanked supporters who chanted the familiar Louisiana refrain, “Who dat!” and he declared, “How sweet it is!”

He added, “And as for the president, God bless his heart” — a phrase often used by genteel Southerners to politely deprecate someone.

Trump had made the runoff election between Edwards and Rispone a test of his own popularity and political prowess heading into the 2020 presidential race. Today Trump went on Twitter in a vigorous plug for Rispone.

The president’s intense attention motivated not only conservative Republicans, but also powered a surge in anti-Trump and black voter turnout that helped Edwards.

Democrats who argue that nominating a moderate presidential candidate is the best approach to beat Trump are certain to point to Louisiana’s race as bolstering their case. Edwards, a West Point graduate, opposes gun restrictions, signed one of the nation’s strictest abortion bans and dismissed the impeachment effort as a distraction.

Still, while Rispone’s loss raises questions about the strength of Trump’s coattails, its relevance to his reelection chances are less clear. Louisiana is expected to easily back Trump next year, and Edwards’ views in many ways are out of step with his own party.

In the final days as polls showed Edwards with momentum, national Republicans beefed up assistance for Rispone. That wasn’t enough to boost the GOP contender, who wasn’t among the top-tier candidates Republican leaders hoped would challenge Edwards as they sought to prove that the Democrat’s longshot victory in 2015 was a fluke.

He had ties to unpopular former Gov. Bobby Jindal and offered few details about his agenda. Edwards also proved to be a formidable candidate, with a record of achievements.

Working with the majority-Republican Legislature, Edwards stabilized state finances with a package of tax increases, ending the deficit-riddled years of Jindal. New money paid for investments in public colleges and the first statewide teacher raise in a decade.

Edwards expanded Louisiana’s Medicaid program, lowering the state’s uninsured rate below the national average. A bipartisan criminal sentencing law rewrite he championed ended Louisiana’s tenure as the nation’s top jailer.

Rispone, the 70-year-old owner of a Baton Rouge industrial contracting company, hitched his entire candidacy to Trump, introducing himself to voters in ads that focused on support for the president in a state Trump won by 20 percentage points.

But the 53-year-old Edwards, a former state lawmaker and former Army Ranger from rural Tangipahoa Parish, reminded voters that he’s a Louisiana Democrat, with political views that sometimes don’t match his party’s leaders.

“They talk about I’m some sort of a radical liberal. The people of Louisiana know better than that. I am squarely in the middle of the political spectrum,” Edwards said. “That hasn’t changed, and that’s the way we’ve been governing.”

Rispone framed himself in the mold of Trump, describing himself as a “conservative outsider” whose business acumen would help solve the state’s problems.

“We want Louisiana to be No. 1 in the South when it comes to jobs and opportunity. We have to do something different,” Rispone said. “We can do for Louisiana what President Trump has done for the nation.”

Rispone poured more than $12 million of his own money into the race. But he had trouble drawing some of the primary vote that went to Republican U.S. Rep. Ralph Abraham, after harshly attacking Abraham in ads as he sought to reach the runoff.

Rispone also avoided many traditional public events attended by Louisiana gubernatorial candidates and sidestepped questions about his plans when taking office. He promised tax cuts, without saying where he’d shrink spending, and he pledged a constitutional convention, without detailing what he wanted to rewrite.

Both parties spent millions on attack ads and get-out-the-vote work, on top of at least $36 million spent by candidates.

Related posts

Church Rejects Kanye West’s Donation Over Pro-Trump Comments

person tie

A church in Atlanta has decided to redirect the money Kanye West donated to them elsewhere after the rapper made some pro-Donald Trump remarks at a Sunday Service event in Salt Lake City, Utah on Oct. 5.

Speaking to a crowd at the Utah Sunday service West reaffirmed his support for Trump:

“Abraham Lincoln was the Whig Party—that’s the Republican Party that freed the slaves… I ain’t never make a decision based only on my color. That’s a form of slavery—mental slavery. I ain’t drink from the white person fountain. … I ain’t playing with them. All these mind controllers, the media, all of these mind controllers. I find that wherever Christ is where I’ve got my mind at. We find that the love of Christ is where I’ve got my mind back.”

However, Atlanta’s New Birth Missionary Baptist Church Pastor Jamal Bryant explained in a social media video he uploaded some time last week, that West gave a large donation to his ministry after his performance there back in September.

In his subsequent video, Bryant issued a statement saying that he’s redirecting West’s donation to Morris Brown College because of the rapper’s support of Trump.

“To say that you unashamedly support Donald Trump…he called the mother continent of Africa a collection of s-hole nations. Smacking the entire diaspora in the year of the anniversary of the year of the return,” Bryant said.

“I don’t align with the statements of Kanye West. I don’t endorse it, nor do I subscribe to it. And I am not a runaway slave. To that end, Mr. West made a significant donation to New Birth Cathedral. But I do not want to be guilty of double speech. I met with my team today and the donation that he made to our church, I am now redirecting. I’m going to be giving that donation he gave to Morris Brown College.”

Harrison revealed that the donation will be divided to create two scholarships. One scholarship will honor West’s late mother, Donda West. This holds a significant sentimental value because Donda West used to be a part of the faculty at Morris Brown College. The other will pay homage to Vanessa Long, who is the wife of the church’s former pastor, Bishop Eddie Long.

By: Dammy Eneli

See Also: Kanye Celebrates Kim’s Birthday In The Most Adorable Way

The post appeared first on AccelerateTv.

Related posts

Eddie Murphy shows you can evolve, apologise and still be funny

A 30-year-old video of George Carlin is proof some standups have long understood the ugliness of attacking underdogs. Its a lesson many current comics are learning

Comedy

Comedy is dying and political correctness is killing it. Nobody can joke about anything any more without triggered liberals screaming racism and cancelling them.

Ill stop there because Im sure you have heard this screed before. Conservatives love complaining about how millennial snowflakes cant take a joke and dont understand edgy humour. In September, for example, the comedian Shane Gillis was dropped from Saturday Night Live after footage surfaced of him making racist, homophobic and misogynistic gags. Gillis responded to the outrage with a non-apology in which he explained that he pushes boundaries and takes risks.

Comedians should obviously push boundaries and take risks. But punching down has never been remotely risky or funny. This isnt a development of our woke era; its a principle the worlds best comics have always acknowledged. Just look at the 30-year-old video of George Carlin that recently went viral. In the clip Carlin criticises bigoted jokes made by his fellow standup Andrew Dice Clay. Comedy has traditionally picked on people in power, Carlin says. Women and gays and immigrants, to my way of thinking, are underdogs. He adds: I think [Clays] core audience is young, white males who are threatened by these groups.

Aiah Samba (@Dualityman81)

Wow, this is from 1990. And I thought us sensitive folk didnt understand the unfunny punching down jokes from these comedians. Interesting pic.twitter.com/2jU5Xj6pA3

September 28, 2019

Around the same time that Carlins comments were going viral, the New York Times published a new interview with Eddie Murphy, who is returning to standup. Murphy, 58, told the Times he isnt afraid of current controversies over humour, pointing out that he was picketed for homophobic jokes he made in the 1980s. It took Murphy a long time to apologise for those jokes and the backlash was partly why he stopped doing standup for years. But you know what? He still has a career. Whats more, he says he cringes when he thinks of his old, ignorant material.

So there you are: Murphy is living proof that political correctness hasnt killed comedy. He shows that its perfectly possible to apologise and evolve, even if it takes a while. I hope Gillis is paying attention.

Related posts