We’ll starve schoolboys to death – Niger abductors

Abductors of the 27 students and 15 workers of Government Science College, Kagara, Niger State, have threatened to starve them to death if the ransom they are demanding is not paid on time.

One of the abductors stated this in an audio recording made available to one of our correspondents on Wednesday by a prominent Islamic cleric, Sheik Ahmad Gumi.

In the audio recording, the abductor, who spoke in Hausa, was heard conversing with a negotiator, identified by Gumi as a top official of the school.

He rejected N2.7m offered him as ransom for the 27 abductees.

The bandit stated, “I don’t have food for them. If anybody dies among them, we will tell you where to go and pick the corpse.

“You know these children are hungry. I don’t have food to give them, only water if they are going to die, let them die.”

The negotiator said it would be difficult for him to get the phone numbers of all the parents as requested by the bandits.

The bandit responded that he was aware that many security agents and vehicles had been deployed in Kagara, vowing they would not succeed in rescuing the abductees.

He asked, “You think I don’t know what you people are doing? I can tell you how many security vehicles are in Kagara as we speak.

“It is with the help of the people of the city that intruders can overrun the city. Don’t you know that? The person who gave us this business is there among you. He is there with you. Wherever you go, he is watching you. If you want to do this deal, go ahead. From God we come and to him we will return

“Even if you put together the entire security forces of Nigeria in Kagara, I have eyes all over Kagara. Whichever step you take in Nigeria, I swear, I will know. You people are saying they should not pay us, that if they pay us, we will use to money to buy weapons.With whose money did we buy our weapons? If we don’t have weapons, you will just send security agents to kill us and take the children.”

Appealing to the bandit, the negotiator stated, “They (parents) have agreed to pay N2.7m. Each parent will pay N100,000 .”

But the abductor rejected the offer threatening to unleash terror on Kagara.

The abductor stated, “If I want Kagara to be in peace, it will be in peace. If it is not going to be in peace, it will go in pieces from here until Ilorin. If I die in this process, I have children that I have instructed that if I die that I don’t want Kagara to be peaceful if you don’t do as I say. Even if I die, nobody will come into Kagara.”

He also berated governors, who said they should not be paid ransom.

He added, “Governors are saying we should not be given money because we are going to use it to buy guns; guns that Allah provides and you are boasting about.

Niger won’t know peace until it disbands vigilantes, abductor vows

“In all of your (Niger State) madness, you are not up to Zamfara. It was compelled to accept our terms and talk less of small fries like you. You see, if you want to seek peace, seek peace and if you don’t stop the activities of vigilantes in Niger you will not know peace forever.”

“Your deploying security officials in Kagara is a waste of time. Is there a fence in this forest? You know we are not in the cities, we are in the forest.”

Appealing to the bandit further, the negotiator stated, “I pray that you assist me the way Allah has helped you. In fact, one of the parents has been on admission in hospital since the abduction.”

Gumi, in an interview with one of our correspondents, said efforts were being intensified to identify the group holding the victims.

He said he had an audio recording of a conversation between the abductors and a top official of the school.

Gumi stated, “There is a crisis really. The abductor is saying he cannot feed the victims and he’s demanding money. He’s saying the money (they are offering) is too small for him.”

Asked on what happened to the negotiation between the bandits and the government, the cleric said, “There was never any negotiation. The bandits we met said they knew the group that took the bus (which carried the victims), but they did not know the ones who took the children. They said they would investigate and call us.”

Efforts to get the state government’s reaction to the audio recording on the negotiation did not succeed as the Commissioner for Information, Sani Idris, did not pick calls to his telephone nor responded to an SMS sent to him.

Related posts

Five People Arrested Over The Death Of Four Officers In Calabar | Akahi News

Five People Arrested Over The Death Of Four Officers In Calabar

The Cross River State Commissioner of police, Sikiru Akande has revealed that 5 persons were now in their custody following the killing of four police officers in the early hours of Thursday along with MCC -Idungdung road, Etab Ayip axis, Calabar Municipality Local Government Area.

Akande who also confirmed the incident in his office to Journalists said that the four policemen on mufti were killed and that five persons have been arrested already in connection with the tragic killing.

He said:” Their target is to dampen our spirit. But we are resolute and we are going to strike back at them. It is often said, he who laughs last laughs best; Let Cross River People wait for that last laugh. It will make us happier.”

“We have arrested five persons who are connected with the development. We will still arrest more. We had an inkling that it is a group of suspected cultists that are working hard to get weapons for their initiation that is coming up very soon. So, in four days maximum, we will get all of those involve in this dastardly act,” Akande said.

Speaking further, Akande that the Police has recovered some of the weapons that were taken at the spot.

He also revealed that the checkpoint that was attacked was not known to the State Police command headquarters.

His words: “If it was known to us we would have found a way of giving them cover. That checkpoint is not this Command’s arrangement. If you were there you will see that they were in mufti.”

“By God’s Grace, we will get all our guns back. It is only the lives we will not get back. For the names of the officers, we have to inform the family first before making the names public.

“I want to assure you that our spirit is not dampened. In fact, we are going to continue to work very hard after the incident,” Akande assured.

Vanguard learned that two guns were carted away by the gunmen while two were also recovered by the police.

Source:- Vanguard

Related posts

Air Force plane crash: Sen Olujimi sad about Olawumi’s death, other personnel, demand probe – Daily Post Nigeria

The Senator representing Ekiti South at the National Assembly, Chief Biodun Olujimi has expressed shock and grief over the death of a Flight Sergeant, Olasunkanmi Olawumi and other six Nigerian Air Force personnel on board the crashed military aircraft.

Federal Commissioner in CCB, Ehiozuwa Johnson Agbonayinma disclosed this on Monday while speaking with journalists in Abuja.

Agbonayinma, who heads a subcommittee investigating the case, said it is not a witchhunt.

According to media reports, Akapabio allegedly offered bribe to the CCB officials to give a “soft landing” to Sole Administrator of Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), Mr Efiong Okon Akwa over discrepancies in his asset declaration form.

“We have been given a mandate by the bureau to investigate the allegation against some officials of CCB that we saw on social media. Let me be specific, one Mr Jackson Ude twitted, and it went viral, that money was given to some officials of CCB by Akpabio. Because of that, a committee to investigate the allegation was set up, with myself as the chairman,” he said.

“The committee is not to witch-hunt anyone but to do its job of defending the constitution of Nigeria.

“We invited Akpabio, who in his wisdom, came to give his side of the story. At the moment, we cannot pass judgement as the investigation is still in progress. All the accused parties remain innocent until the investigation is over,” he added.

South East Governors’ Forum, on Monday waded into the political clash between the governor of Imo State, Hope Uzodinma and former governor, Senator Rochas Okorocha.

Recall that governor Uzodinma was said to have ordered Okorocha’s arrest for unsealing Royal Palm Estate.

The South-east governors in a statement signed by their chairman and Governor of Ebonyi State, Chief David Umahi, assured the two political leaders of Imo State- Uzodinma and Okorocha of their preparedness to settle the disputes internally, instead of washing their dirty linen in the public.

The statement, which was forwarded to DAILY POST by the Special Adviser to governor Umahi on Media, Francis Nwaze reads in part: “The South-east Governors’ Forum sues for peace between governor Hope Uzodimma and former governor of Imo State Rochas Okorocha.

“Southeast Governors’ Forum has decided to wade into the impasse ensuing between Governor Hope Uzodimma and the former Governor of Imo State, Senator Rochas Okorocha.”

Governor Umahi said he had already made contacts with Uzodinma and Okorocha and asked them to cease fire, adding that the parties to the dispute had agreed for a truce.

The Forum further explained that the leaders of the Southeast were capable of settling their disputes internally instead of washing their linen in the public.

“We call for calm among the supporters of the two political heavyweights to ensure a timely and amicable resolution of the disagreement within the shortest possible time.

“We call on people of Imo State and the South East Zone to go about their normal businesses and shun provocative statements until normalcy is completely restored between the former Governor and his successor,” the forum stated.

Related posts